Facebook is launched on (4th February 2004). It is a social networking website for providing connectivity between people. It was founded by Mr. Mark Zuckerberg with his college roommates and fellow Harvard University student Eduardo Saverin.
Do you know about that?
I think Facebook is good for people who want to live in connection with each other because of phone no. can change, phone can have lost by us but Facebook is available for connection. Facebook is social networking site for provide connectivity between people. On this people can create profile for creating a relation with unknown people. They can upload images, videos, audios and all other formats. They can share all things with each other if they want. Sharing is possible by only himself permission just because of security issues. People can connect with friends, family, unknown persons.
This website is available in 37 languages for easy connectivity between each other. In this site some public features are available such as:
- Marketplace- in this option people can post, read and respond to classified adds.
- Groups- if two or more than two people have a common interest, they can find each other and interact with each other.
- Events- by this site people can share event detail, invite each other, trach who plans to attend. By this they can wish all festivals, anniversaries and much more by each other.
- Chatting option- by Facebook people can talk with each other. They can send images, videos, audios and all soft things.
Services: On Facebook, we can upload our images, videos and all. We can define particular albums for divide category for separation of data. Photos can upload directly by desktop, smartphone, camera. There is no limitation on quantity, but Facebook removes copyrighted images & data.
We have an interesting option for users, if they have a common image or video, they can tag others who are related to this data. A relation is not necessary between each other but it is good for people who are related by that data.
- Facebook provide a wide range of security option for users. A user can hide his all data from others, he can give particular criteria such as his data only can see by his connected people or friends.
- you can block anyone who are not like you or irritating for you.
- You can hide everything if you want. You can lock by password yourself for security.
- Do you have any idea about Twitter? What is twitter? Why? Use of it?
- Many questions are can be born in your mind and I have answers.
- Twitter was created in March 2006 by Jack Dorsey, Evan Williams, Biz Stone, and Noah Glass and launched in July 2006. The service rapidly gained worldwide popularity.
Twitter is a free social networking microblogging service that allows registered members to broadcast short posts called tweets. Twitter members can broadcast tweets and follow other users’ tweets by using multiple platforms and devices. Tweets and replies to tweets can be sent by cell phone text message, desktop client or by posting at the Twitter.com website.
Now I tell you about some special things about Twitter.
The default settings for Twitter are public. Unlike Facebook or LinkedIn, where members need to approve social connections, anyone can follow anyone on public Twitter. To weave tweets into a conversation thread or connect them to a general topic, members can add hashtags to a keyword in their post. The hashtag, which acts like a meta tag, is expressed as #keyword.
Tweets, which may include hyperlinks, are limited to 140 characters, due to the constraints of Twitter’s Short Message Service (SMS) delivery system. Because tweets can be delivered to followers in real time, they might seem like instant messages to the novice user. But unlike IMs that disappear when the user closes the application, tweets are also posted on the Twitter website. They are permanent, they are searchable and they are public. Anyone can search tweets on Twitter, whether they are a member or not.
Here is an example of how you, as an IT pro, might use Twitter:
Let’s say you are interested in learning more about cloud computing. First, you could search Twitter to see if anyone is talking (tweeting) about cloud computing. A quick search reveals that lots of Twitter members are talking about cloud computing.
Now you could do one of several things. You could simply keep tabs on cloud computing by returning and searching Twitter each day (not very efficient — but effective) or you could join Twitter and follow people who have posted tweets that catch your interest. As a Twitter member, you can post your own tweets or you can just remain a follower and lurk.
Twitter uses an open-source Web framework called Ruby on Rails (RoR). The API is open and available to application developers.
- WhatsApp Inc. was founded in 2009 by Brian Acton and Jan Koum, both former employees of Yahoo!.
- WhatsApp Messenger is a proprietary cross-platform, encrypted, instant messaging client for smartphones. It uses the Internet to send text messages, documents, images, video, user location and audio messages to other users using standard cellular mobile numbers.
- As of February 2016, WhatsApp had a user base of one billion, making it the most popular messaging application.
- WhatsApp Messenger is a cross-platform instant messaging application that allows iPhone, BlackBerry, Android, Windows Phone and Nokia smartphone users to exchange text, image, video and audio messages for free.
- WhatsApp is especially popular with end users who do not have unlimited text messaging. In addition to basic messaging, WhatsApp provides group chat and location sharing options.
- Technically speaking, WhatsApp uses a customized version of the open standard Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP). WhatsApp Inc. was founded in 2009 by Brian Acton and Jan Koum, both veterans of Yahoo!
- What do you think about Linkedin? Can you define your mentality? I want to tell you something about Linkedin.
- It is based in the United States, available in 24 languages for easy to use and simple to understand.
LinkedIn is a business-oriented social networking service. Founded by Reid-hoffman, a former Executive Vice President in charge of business and corporate development for PAYPAL on December 14, 2002 and launched on May 5, 2003, it is mainly used for professional networking. As of 2015, most of the site’s revenue came from selling access to information about its users to recruiters and sales professionals. As of March 2016, LinkedIn has more than 433 million users, out of which more than 106 million are active.
Linkedin is social networking website, especially for business persons and communities. The goal of the site is to establish and document networks of people they know and trust professionally.
What do you think about the Google+? Is it Search Engine or social site or online storage?
Google+ is a social network website by Google team.
Google+ is the company’s fourth foray into social networking, following Google Buzz (launched 2010, retired in 2011), Google Friend Connect (launched 2008, retired by March 1, 2012), and Orkut (launched in 2004, as of 2013 operated entirely by subsidiary Google Brazil – retired in September 2014).
Google+ launched in June 2011. Features included the ability to post photos and status updates to the stream or interest-based communities, group different types of relationships (rather than simply “friends”) into Circles, a multi-person instant messaging, text and video chat called Hangouts, events, location tagging, and the ability to edit and upload photos to private cloud-based albums.
Google+’s key benefits and features:
- You can find Google+ at plus.google.com.
- To join Google+ you need a Google account (such as for accessing Gmail).
- The main page that appears when you sign in consists of a ‘stream’ of updates, conversations and shared content – similar in many respects to the Facebook news feed or Twitter stream.
- When you add a contact to your Google+ account, you assign them to one or more ‘circles’, which is a way of categorizing and organizing people.
- When you first sign up, you’ll see some ‘circles’ that have already been set up by Google, including ‘Friends’ and ‘Acquaintances’. You can also add your own.